Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Ghost image files corrupted by MS defrag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferl4

Technical User
Jan 5, 2003
US
hi, just tried to restore a norton ghost system image file from a local hard drive dedicated to image files which had integrity verified by ghost 2003 in win2000pro sp4 when created. about half the files now read as "corrupted" & ghost cannot restore them. these files are never accessed or manipulated except for running the microsoft defragmenter in "system tools" occasionally. fortunately, i had cloned the hard drive and unplugged the clone, so i was back up in a short time by simply moving the ribbon cable and power plug to the clone.

to test the stability of my image files, i made a new ghost boot disk. made a new image of the system partition which tested as having integrity. ran defragmenter on file once a day for two days. now file reads as "corrupted". the drive shows no defects. yet some of the image files on the same drive have remained intact. i have searched all the symmantec data bases. the only solution they suggest is the drive has errors that are fixed without my knowledge. the drive tests ok.
thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back