Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Corporate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveLord

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2006
US

We have a Win2k server here, which I am not too familiar with as I've never had to really do anything on it. It also has Norton Corporate Edition which it serves to the client computers.

Just did a fresh WinXP install on a computer and I am trying to do the NT CLIENT INSTALL from the server, but it gives me a popup to access the administrative rights of the client.

I cant get beyond that. There is only 1 user with this computer, which HAS administrative rights, but that username/pw is not working and neither is any of the server's passwords.

What am I missing?

IT Admin (PBX Newbie)
Nortel Option11
Version 1411
Release 21
Issue 7+
MerMail 10.7.2

And I know this is hardware, but the software section is barely populated at all.

IT Admin (PBX Newbie)
Nortel Option11
Version 1411
Release 21
Issue 7+
MerMail 10.7.2

Try using the local administrator account on that PC. You might have to enter it in the format PCNAME\administrator. I've had issues with other remotely installed software like that where it wouldn't take any account other than the local admin and where you had to specify the computer name because it wouldn't assume that you were using the local admin account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back