Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Corporate Edition 7.6 gives OE error in Vxdnavex

Status
Not open for further replies.

lydiagal

MIS
Aug 28, 2002
SG
Helo. I installed NAV corporate edition -managed on a win98 PC. THis PC is from HP (thus, its using the recovery disk to install the OS).

The PC functions properly for around 3-5 days. Then one day it boots halfway and gives "a fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:c18cfa35 in vxdnavex (02)+00011B55. The current application will be terminated."

To solve it, i boot in safe mode and uninstall the NAV CE.
Then boot in normal mode and reinstalled NAV CE. It works fine.

Abt a week later, the same error occured. I've unisntalled NAV CE so that the customer can work.

I've searched HP website, symantec website but I can't find anything on vxdnavex file. To find out wheher there is any conflict? It seem to happen only on this machine. And its a newly installed Harddisk.

(ps: when we boot up in safe mode for 2 times..before getting to uninstall, the os couldn't find himem.sys)
weird huh?

ANy advice or opinion will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back