Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton corp and mail security for exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckoslow

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2004
US

I am installing my first norton corp for an exchange enviroment network. I have purchased Norton corp and norton enterprise (exchange level norton)

I installed the corp client on all the machines remotly and on all hte servers but the exchange server.

I installed the mail security on the exchange server.

I think I need to install the corp client on the exchange server to protect files in addition to exchange server protecting email etc?

Is this true?

Yes you do. Go to Symantecs site under support and you can find the exclusions to set in the client software. I would create a group called exchange in your Symantec client console and set the exclusions there and move the exchange box into that group. That way you can still mamage the client software remotely. Good Luck!

I just want to add that the exclusions are extremely important. If you don't add them, you could lose all your mail. Here's the link to the list of documents for different versions of Exchange:

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back