Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton AntiVirus Corporate - Landesk

Status
Not open for further replies.

locogringo

Technical User
Oct 27, 2003
US
Maybe someone knows the answer. I made the mistake of uninstalling Landesk from the server. Our IT Dept. uses another Landesk product for helpdesk purposes and it sometimes causes problems – so I uninstalled it. After seeing that the clients weren't receiving current virus definitions, I did some checking. I realize now that the Landesk that I uninstalled is part of NAVCE. Out of 22 clients I can only see 3. I installed NAV to a client PC from the server and it installed okay but it's not listed in the SSC console. Is there a way to recover from this without having to reinstall NAVCE?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer !

Symantec doesn't put anything called "Landesk" in Add/Remove Programs, so either the Landesk application you uninstalled removed the whole HKLM\Software\Landesk key, or you went in and deleted it manually. Either way, nothing's going to fix that besides reinstalling--almost all of NAVCE's registry settings are under HKLM\Software\Landesk.

Thats what I was afraid of. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back