Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Antivirus Client Service Couldn't be started 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahims

MIS
Nov 30, 2003
JO
Dear All;

We're using Symantec Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition ver 7.60, the client install is corrupted on one of my servers.... i think that's becoz invalid virus definition... i've copied the virus def. from a healthy PC to Two Servers. it worked on one but it didn't on the other.. the following error msg appeared when trying to start the NAV client Serice: " Could not start the norton Antivirus Client service on local computer" Error 10: the environment is incorrect....

Your Comments and assistance are highly appreciated

Ibrahims

Thanx alot Cowitzer for ur reply;;;

I tried that but with no response :(((((

Any further Help

It happened to me twice and both times the solution helped.

In step 9 (of the symantec solution) u have to make sure Definfo.dat and Usage.dat files are using the same defs dates.

If it still doesn't work, u can try to uninstall NAV client and reinstalling it from the NAV server.

When uninstalling, make sure c:\program files\common files\ symantec shared\virusdefs folder is empty or removed before reinstalling.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back