Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Antivirus CE 7.6 Install error(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilusv

Technical User
Dec 27, 2003
US
I am trying to install on Win2K advanced server/domain controller (KOOJI). During the installation I attempt to ad the server to an existing Norton server group.

The installation starts copying files and then I get the following error:

“Unknown error was encountered while processing KOOJI. Setup cannot continue on this machine. Setup will continue and modify Norton Antivirus on other server in the select list”

I am forced to click “OK” at this point. Then I click “close” which is the only option I have.

I have attempted to start a new group. The server copies more files during installation but I can never complete the install

Please advice.

Thanks

Seen this before. Make sure you have a temp direcotry on the root of the OS partition. Lets see if that helps.

HTH - Stiddy

I gave that a shot but unfortunately it didn't work

Couple of questions for you:

1. Is the server you are attempting to install the NAV on also a Terminal Server?
2. Are you sure that you have full control of the C drive?

-------------------

OT: What does "bump" mean? I see that on forums many times, but don't understand its meaning.

Are you trying to push this install out from the SSC?
Or at least using the deployment feature from the cd, where you select which server to install from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back