Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Antivirus 2003 expired (in my machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peth

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
MX
I have installed the Nav 2003, and that day I had a low charge internal battery, and the date of the computer was wrong, (about 1998 year), now I try to upgrade antivirus definitions, but I can´t, beacuse it appear´s an expired message, and the reinstall program don´t fix the problem.

best regards from
Tlapali

If it really is the 2003 version, legitimate copy, then obviously the program couldn't have expired yet. Email Symantec and see what they have to say about correcting the expiration date, or reformat your hard drive and reinstall it with the correct date.

--Scott

I was Tried uninstall and reinstall and nothing, I will look into the windows registry...

Tanks Mr. Hurwitz.

Tlapali

Are you comfortable hacking the registry?

Uninstall the program.
Search for Norton, or Symantec and delete all related registries.
Then reinstall.

Norton has a uninstall tool on there web site to get rid of all the related regitries, and will tell you it is safe to reinstall.I know it works for 2002

Hope this helps Please let me know if the advice we give is of some help.
Feedback will benefit all
Dave

Speaking of Norton Anti-Virus 2003 , I just received an email with this offer:

Norton SystemWorks 2003 Software Suite Professional Edition
Five Feature-Packed Utilities, One Great Price A $300 Combined Retail Value for Only $39.99!
Includes FREE Shipping! Act now, this limited time offer ends March 1st!

Does anybody know if this is legite? It does not come in a software box,etc.

I have seen it too. don't know.
If it sounds to good to be true...........

It comes in a spam message Please let me know if the advice we give is of some help.
Feedback will benefit all
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back