Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Anti-Spam 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz76

MIS
Nov 7, 2003
US
I am attempting to get Norton Anti-Spam running on several Windows 2000 SP4 computers running Outlook 2002. The computers all connect to an Exchange 5.5 server.

Unfortunately, I am having absolutely no luck. The software is activated and turned on. I have checked all the settings. I have exhausted Symantec's online knowledge base. Nothing they suggest has worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times on several different computers. I am completely out of ideas.

I am hoping someone here has some experience with this product and can give me some advice. Any help is very much appreciated. If you need any more info about my configuration please let me know.

Thank you.

Sorry for not explaining better. When I say "nothing works" I mean literally nothing works. It's as if I don't even have the software installed. Absolutely no spam messages are blocked. The Norton Anti-Spam toolbar is present but that's about it.

I appreciate the link. Thank you for your help.

However, I've been manually indicating emails as spam for a week but so far nothing has been automatically removed by the software without me doing it myself. Emails have come in that are on my blocked list and they just sit in my inbox until I indicate they are spam. The problem I am having is far more than the software being "not that great out of the box". It hasn't even identified one email as spam on any of the systems I am using it on.

Thanks for the link, though. I really do appreciate any help I am offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back