Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton 7.5 CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBarnes

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
I am having trouble with setting up Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 7.5. I am trying to find out a couple of things.

1) Are the clients suppose to show up on the MMC under the group that you create? Or is it just the servers that show up?
2) Is there a client install agent? I can see all the NT and 2000 machines when I try to install the client but I cannot push it to 95/98 computers.
3) With Live update do I have to push the .hst file so the clients will know where and when to get the definition files?

I would really appreciate any help. I am not liking the Norton Implementation manuals. :)

All clients should show up in the MMC. There is a Symantec KB article about how to correct/add the ones that should be there and aren't.

I've only installed to NT/W2K from the MMC, so I can't help you there. Any time I've done W98 I've always done it from the workstation.

No, LiveUpdates get to the clients automatically. The default is that the clients automatically check every 3 minutes with the Primary server for updates.

I sure agree with you about the manuals!

THanks I figured out what the problem was. For some reason I could ping out from the server but I could not ping in to the server. So I was sending out everything but the clients could not respond. Thanks for your help.

1. Both Servers and clients will show up under MMC. Group followed by servers followed by clients under the parent server.

2. I've tried to push down from the server to W9x clients but doesn't seem to work. You can do this from the MMC.

3. Clients get their update via the parent server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back