Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Northwind Invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlf1957

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
US
I have used the Northwind Invoice as the basis for my invoices. Northwind uses them to print only one at a time (I think). I have used as the data source a query that could contain multiple invoices in what amounts to a batch run.
My problem is that when I print my invoices, they print on the front and back of the paper just like any other report would. Can anyone help me to force a new page for each invoice?

Hi rlf1957,

Do you wish to print an invoice, which spans over two pages, on the front and back of the paper? or do you want the report to force a new page after each invoice, which may be one or two pages in length?

For the front back printing you could print just even numbered pages firstly. Turn over the paper then print the odd numbered pages (in reverse order, because that is how they will fall when you print the first page).

For the force new page answer, you can, in design view, insert a force page break on the form. Placing it in the page footer of the report. You may even be able to program it to force a page break on one page or two.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
Programmers do it one finger at a time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back