Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Northern Telecom NT5B01FD-93 MoH Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoHGurue

Vendor
Oct 24, 2013
US
Hello Yall,
We have a phone technician in the field, who is trying to connect an external MoH player to the Northern Telecom NT5B01FD-93. The technician thought the MoH pair was Violt/Slate...Last pair, but we are still getting silence.
Does anyone know which pair is the MoH pair on this phone system, and is there any additional programming needed to enable the MoH feature?

Thank you so much for your help

Hi Ollie
posting on just one forum will do.

Yes last pair is correct

Yes programming required, choices are Silence, Music, Tones

If still an issue try another amp cable as test or the MOH port is blown.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Violet/slate is correct. Programming must be changed from "tones" to "music". Configuration->call handling->on hold. I'd put my buttset in monitor and clip onto the wire pair coming from the music source to make sure I hear music too.

Here's the manual:

How do you enter the programming area? I apologize for asking such simple questions, but the technician is not a Nortel technician, and I am trying to help him as much as I can. We asked for a Nortel technician, but, we did not get one!

Actually its not simple.
The tech need to know how to enter programming and navigate it and the passwords (which we cannot provide on forums).

You need to send the right tech to do the right job.

Post the city, we may know one.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thank you gentlemen,
The city this client is in is Peoria, IL. If you know someone who is a qualified Nortel tech, please provide me with his/her info and I'll forward to our dispatch national phone vendor to set it up with him. Spectrio works with Telecom technicians World Wide, we prefer to do our business by contracting telecom technicians...We are a Message on Hold company not a phone company, so we definitely value our relationships with you folks!. Even though we requested a Nortel technician for this particular job, for some reason, the technician who went out was not one...He was a nice guy and he knew his telecom, but he did not know Nortel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back