Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel won't transfer to an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisplayName77

Programmer
Aug 3, 2017
US
I have a Nortel T7208 that won't transfer a call to an extension, but will transfer to voicemail. Could this be a restriction filter setting that I can go into Terminals & Sets to change? Never had this issue before and Google search has not provided a solution.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

A. Davis
School in Tennessee

Ho are you transferring the call? Are you using feature codes or a programmed button?

If it's a button, use the F*0 to check to see if it's programmed as a transfer or a transfer to voicemail (F986).

Line coming in on an intercom button? Add a 2nd I/C. Phone needs a free I/C to transfer.

Marv ccna

Well, whatever was causing the issue, is gone now. When I did a line inquiry, it said that specific button was programmed to Transfer to an extension. Yet when you tried to transfer a call, it wanted to send the call to voicemail. So I reprogrammed the button to Transfer and crossed my fingers...and it worked. Go figure.
Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back