Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel VPN Client won't uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringers

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
AU
I am running windows XP and recently install Nortel's VPN client software. It has now stopped my laptop from detecting the network and the LAN connection is not working.

I have tried uninstalling the software through add/remove programs and the Nortel VPN client uninstall tool and the uninstall wizard just freezes, the nortel tool does the same thing and some time says "access denied" or "setup failed to run installation".

So now the software won't uninstall and has killed the work laptop. Does know how to get around this? I really don't won't to do a manual install due to chance of there being small files left behind in registry. I would also perfer not doing a rebuild if i can help it.

Thanks for any help.

perhaps you need to be logged in as admin or have administrative priv to remove the app?

P2E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back