Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel VPN client under XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i think this is an ongoing problem for a lot of people... I am trying to sort out my mum's network connection (her company's IT people are crap). we are running nortel vpn client 4.15 over an ADSL connection (via btworld). no problems connecting with the VPN, but then when we try to use lotus notes or map drives it just does not login to the company servers. any ideas?

i notice there is a vpn client 4.60 on the Nortel website, although I can't download cos im not authorised... would this solve the problem?

Cheers
Dasha

I have 4.60 and it doesn't solve the problem. Ask the crappy IT people for the names and IP addresses of the servers she needs to connect to. Enter them in the LMHosts file on your moms pc. Use the #PRE #DOM: statements to preload the domain controls. She should then be able to logon to the domain, and if you make the entries for the file servers, map drives too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back