Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel VPN 4.15d problem ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msanto

Programmer
Nov 25, 2002
US
With my company's VPN, I can login, but after a period of time (which varies), I get disconnected w/ the following error:

"The routing table cannot be altered after the Contivity VPN Connection has been established. The Contivity VPN Connection has been Closed."

I'm running Windows XP Pro, w/ a Linksys WRT54G router.

I'm having the same problem. Did you find the solution?

We're having the same problem with one of our laptops. Seven other computer do fine, but whenever anyone logs onto the network, this one laptop loses the VPN connection, getting that same error! Have had many computer technicians trying to solve, but to no avail.

Guys,

We've experienced the same problem on our NT4's. We've solved this by lowering the MTU size on the IPSecShm7 adapter. Not sure if this adapter exists on all environments, but I'm sure there must be one alike.

You can change the MTU in the registry:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IPSecShm7\Parameters\tcpip
Enter a DWORD called "MTU" and give it a value of 1200 (decimal).

If still not working, try to decrease some more.

This also should work on Win2000 although the MTU value could be located somewhere else. I'm sure you can easily find that on the Inet.

Hope it helps ...

You can also turn off RIP on your router which tries to alter your routing table.

-Stephen-

I had the same problem with the nortel client. I am using a intel pro wireless 2011b on a d-link di-624 wireless router. I did some researching and discovered that some wireless network cards install a service called adapter switch service. Once I disabled the service the routing problem has not been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back