Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel USB Audio Adapter (1120e softphone on PC) driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captnamo

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
After not using my softphone over several PC changes, I find myself in a temporary location with a lack of phone jacks. I have the sofphone installed and my phone is showing, but I'm getting no sound through the audio adapater. "USB Telephone Set" shows up under Windows Devices and Printers as "Unspecified" rather than under "Devices." Windows seems to indicate a driver issue, but the Troubleshooter cannot resolve it.

I've downloaded and installed the 2050 softphone latest version (SP9) with no change.

Anyone still using the 2050 softphone with success in Windows 10, or is this old beast just too old to work anymore?

The little blue Nortel USB adapter does not work with Windows 10. I used to use it on my PC with i2050 and eyeBeam, but since the upgrade to Windows 10, the Nortel USB sound device is no longer recognized. I still use the USB adapter with my 1140E phone - for Windows, I bought a Bluetooth headset.

Sorry, I should have asked: "Anyone still using the 2050 softphone with the USB Audio Adapter with success in Windows 10, or is this old beast just too old to work anymore?

Problem is the USB adapter is not being recognized. A USB device is not on the list to choose from in the i2050 settings.

The softphone does work with a regular USB headset.

capt did you resolve?

I have the same headset in your picture (Algo's version) working with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
USB driver 10.0.17134.1 by Microsoft

In Device Manager it would show up under Audio Inputs Outputs.

I also use 2050 ver 2

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back