Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel - Transfer calls to VMail using ext. buttons? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsonLP

Technical User
Mar 27, 2006
US

I would like to transfer an incoming call to voicemail by pressing two keys, "Transfer to Voicemail" and Extension button "XXXX". Below is a typical scenario, can you help?

I get an incoming call and want to transfer it to voicemail-box XXXX. I have a button labled "Transfer to Voicemail", I press it, the call is placed on hold, then I press the button for ext XXXX, so the call can be sent directly to that persons Voicemail.Instead of being transfered, the caller remains on hold while I hear extension XXXX ring. If I hang up, the caller still remains on hold.
I find that I have to manually dial in the number of the extension after pressing the Transfer to Voicemail button.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks. G.L.P.

That is correct, If you press a DN button, it will not send it to VM, You would have to set up a seperate Autodial Key with the EXT programmed on it (Possible with a # programmed after it too?).... If I am understanding what you are saying correctly...

not today, answer call, press transfer, dial express mail (autodial or hot d ) then the dn#...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Your right...
Why make it more complicated than it has to be.

I was thinking answer call, press transfer, dial express mail (autodial or hot d ) then the dn# programmed on Autodial key... (if they did not want to dial the extra 4 digits.) It is only 4 digits though - Why be Lazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back