Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel to Cisco Call Manager Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeisler1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2013
US
Throughout the majority of the building (400+ phones) we use the Nortel system, but here in I.S. we use Cisco Call Manager Express.
I am trying to add a new phone to the office but I'm running into an issue.

I have created the phantom on the Nortel side to give her a DiD that will automatically forward to the Cisco side. For someone reason, when her DiD is called it kicks automatically into the Nortel Callpilot. I have tried multiple DiD's without success. I will leave the printed TN below.

DES 1753
TN 156 1 00 06 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 1753 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 2
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
SCPW
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR
PLEV 02
CSDN
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 4 5208
DATE 11 DEC 2014

I change it to FNA and there was no change.

So 1753 is the DID and 5208 is the number in the Call Manager, right? So do you have a CDP entry for 5208 to go across the Tie lines to the Cisco?

It looks like the 5208 is not CDP, though 5207 and 5210 are. Is there a way to just make 5208 a CDP? I've been trying to research how to do it but I can't find instructions I fully understand.

I have no idea what your setup is there, but if you have one working I would program it the same way. You would need to print the CDP entry for 5207 in LD 87 and then make a new CDP entry for 5208 pointing to the same RLI as 5207 if it in fact goes to the Cisco.

KCFLHRC, would you be able to give be step-by-step instructions on how to print the CDP entry for 5207 and how to point 5208 to the correct RLI? I inherited this system a year and a half ago with almost no training and have been learning on the go ever since. I really appreciate all the help.

LD 87
reg prt
cust 0
feat cdp
type dsc
lsc 5207
then return through it, that should show you how 5207 is routed, then do

req new
cust 0
feat cdp
type dsc
lsc 5208