Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel to Avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdennetcom

Vendor
Aug 2, 2012
US
Since Avaya took over Nortel, I have heard of some vendors were able to get AVAYA sticker logos that are designed to be placed over the Nortel Norstar and Meridian logos on things like sets, KSU etc. to cover over the old Nortel logos. Has anyone done this or know how to get these permanant stickers? I waned to do this to because now when I mention Nortel people think they went out of business and do not understand that Avaya bought them.

Yes, I agree and it breaks my heart when I have to think that my beloved Nortel is no more. But I have had some customer say "Oh I thought they were out of business" I a also concerned that if I bid for a project that my competitor will say something negative about my company still using equipment with the Nortel brand name on it.

There is still tons of new and great pre-owned equipment on the market with support and I am sticking with the Nortel workhorse for now but I do not want any objections just because they see a name they think is out of business and become insecure. I have heard that these stickers are available. I just do not know were to get them.

I doubt most of us would even attempt such a thing, just because a customer "might" be confused?.

If I have trouble with a T7316e I want to know if its Avaya or Nortel.

Terrible idea in my opinion especially when they have stopped production anyway.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Yea... Selling equipment that is already end of life (especially meridian and norstar) under the false pretense that it is avaya is probably not a great business choice. We still sell it but only when asked or if someone is looking for something less expensive

Believe me I love the bcm , and nor stars are freaking tanks ... But I feel like slapping an avaya sticker on a 10 year old system made by nortel is begging for a lawsuit

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back