Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Tech Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjtripp

Vendor
Jun 29, 2017
US
Is there any technical support for Nortel pbx at the engineering level? I understand that after Nortel went chapter 11 Avaya took over. Then I just learned Avaya went chapter 11 in the US. So is Nortel pbx on the way of extinction, or is there still a customer base out there?

It's still business as usual for most of us. Avaya are still updating patches and their website is OK. I don't think you need to worry as there is so much kit around and many Goverment / Military sites around the world would create a stink if support was stopped.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Nortel Meridian 1 is still in so many places here in Chicago, hotels, offices, even some retail stores....and you always have the Emetrotel solution to fall back on if Avaya did stop supporting the Meridian PBX. Although I just went to a Chicago hospital on Sunday, that was a full Nortel CS1000 last year and now is a Cisco system with their latest 8800 phones....ironically those phones look just like the 1100 series. Sad to see the CS1000 go.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Thanks guys for your time and info. Does Avaya have a website I can get contacts from? Did a google search with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back