Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel TAPI drivers and help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird Scrambler

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
GB
Hello Guys

I've found this old thread thread959-957671: Symposium TAPI Service Provider 2.3.1.4 Hangs that refers to linking up a TAPI Server with Symposium. One of my customers has a Call Server at V04.00t running Symposium Express at 4.2.

He want's to have the software, drivers that allows him to get a TAPI Server working. Having looked at the Avaya PEP site, I could only see a reference to a patch patch3_0_0_8q.exe and a text file TAPI Patch 3_0_0_8q readme.txt.

This was for the release 3 version. Is there anywhere else that I can look for more information on the Avaya site for the Nortel applications please?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Well you won't find anything on AVAYA website about it. TAPI is no longer supported and TAPI 2.3 hasn't been supported in about 6 years. TAPI 3.0 was the last stand alone TAPI API from Nortel which then was updated to CCT 5.0 (with TAPI 3.1 running the leg work in the backgound) This continued thru CCT rls 6.0. Introduction of CCT 7 yeilded the end of TAPI API support. Now all API must use the CCT SDK for open interface into CTI function. In order to get this solution working you must use the Nortel/Avaya coded versions with the Contact Center. I may have just talked in a big circle but bottom line is your trying to do something that has no support from either MS or Avaya.

Cheers!

Hello TheWorkingMan

A great many thanks for you taking the time to explain it to me. I was wondering if Nortel had incorporated it's use into CC6/CC7 etc.
It now means that my customer will have to consider a total system upgrade as the call server is at 4.00t etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hey there, TheWorkingMan. Hope things are going well for you these days. I am getting Avaya'd to death these days, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back