Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel T7316E

Status
Not open for further replies.

svillephoneguy

Technical User
Jul 15, 2005
US
I've been told the T7316E is a two way speakerphone by two different people but I haven't read it anywhere. I have a customer that wants a full duplex speakerphone and is considering a NEC and the MICS I'm proposing.

Can anyone confirm (or deny) this info on the T7316E?

Thanks

it is a 2 way speaker phone - meaning you can talk and listen
but as telemarv said ...you CANNOT do both at the same time

What Conference phone is full duplex? And will it work on the MICS?

My customer is a Developer with no patients and currently has a Toshiba Digital Speakerphone (DKT-2020-SD) that he hates. I really just need to make sure the quality is better then that.

Also, All the IP sets(i2002,2004,etc) are full duplex speakerphones. You obviously can't put these on a norstar but it is good info to have.

BTW Isn't it proper to use half duplex? When one is speaking, others should be listening not talking over each other. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

It is proper, but it sucks when local background noise cuts off the far party.

I can not say Nortel does "speakerphone" in a very good manner. Even the I204 is hard to make out. I notice it, my customers notice it, everyone notices it. I have trainned my customers how to use the mute when they are not speaking. I wish I could say Nortel has a good speakerphone, but I don't even find the polycom version of the Nortel good. I've heard them all, Avaya, Cisco, Mitel, Nortel, Toshiba. I have to say the top two are AVAYA and Mitel without question. Mitel does it EXTREMELY well on the desktop top, but the conference unit sucks as well.

I personally hate speaker phones. If someone puts me on speaker, I automatically say I can't hear you. Even the trusty avaya phones do the same. I guess if you're on speaker and there is noise in the background, pick up the handset, it isn't that hard.

NTL555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back