Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel T1 to cisco issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

syss

Technical User
Aug 31, 2009
US
hay all, i have a 81c system configure with ncos to restrict local and long distant calls. There is also ncos the ristrict call after certain hours. so recently i configure a TIE T1 for cisco and it works fine but it is also affected by the ristriction for after hours. On this T1 i change all the channels (TN)to a ncos that should not be affected by the after hours ristriction but it still happens, now i don't know what to do...any suggestion. If you need to see configuration i will send.

PS. i am not a nortel guy, i am just filling a gap at work.

If you give this alternate NCOS (that should not be affected by the after hours restriction) to a Nortel phone, can that Nortel phone make calls like you want the Cisco to make?

In other words, are you sure the new NCOS you picked is not affected by after hours?

You might be able to find this in LD86

LD 86
REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT ESN

Or, it might be SAR, which is more complicated.

What restricts people? SAR or LD86 TOD

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com | Connect with me on LinkedIn
--

you may need to reload the msdl card.. you changed the ncos of all trunks to one that does bypass a tod control. that ncos is the one that limits the call. if your trunks are ctd you may want to add unr, but usually just ncos is in place

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The ncos I used is not affected by the restriction. However, i believe i figure out what the problem was. After i change the FRL and the MFRL to zero (it was set to 1) on the RLI under LD 86 it works so far. I don't know why but it's working.

RLI 20
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 12
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 1 <---- I change this to zero
DMI 0
FCI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 1 <---- I change this to zero
OVLL 0

the mfrl changes the min ncos that gets auth code tone.. that may block calls or bypass restrictons that you have in place.. changing the frl allows anyone ncos 1 and above to use that path.. but since you did not reload the msdl sympotms will change post switch restart..

unless you want everyone to have free ld, be carefull on changes to rlb's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This T1 is for a cisco system which does its own restrictions so i am assuming that it's ok. am i correct?

if that rlb is only used for the cisco then your ok.. if other npa/nxx are pointed to that rlb you unlocked your restrictions

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanks, Yes, it is only used for this route 12 & 13 which are for the cisco all the others T1 has their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back