Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Startalk Feature Codes Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent Maggard

Technical User
May 5, 2017
US
Hello, I'm Having A Issue With A Nortel Startalk Voicemail System On A Nortel Ox32.
The Issue Is When I Press Feature 983 It Just Keeps Ringing And When I Press Feature 903 I Get Feature Inactive.

I would next try **xftest and see if the feature codes moved to another range. What ver software ?

Yes but F9*1 to see the codes used only for vmail then use F**XFTEST to remove them if they are off kilter.

Sounds like it half works.
I wonder it it is in a reboot loop.
Sometimes you get the ringing when its booting up and you do F981 but never heard it on F983 before.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

It's possible port 1 on voicemail has gone bad or the port on the MICS has gone bad. Test phone port with a working phone.

Marv ccna

The Software Is 30MUH05 DR5, I Tryed Feature F**XFTEST And Removed The Codes. Also A Tested A Phone On That Port And It Works Fine.
The Voicemail Still Does Not Work.

You can click the FAQ's button at top for the Frequently Aksed Questions section.

You have for future reference:
8X24 (not a 0X32) with version DR5 software.
Flashtalk version unknown - you can get that from the card inside. i.e. - 1.X or 2.X (remove and reinstall to make sure its in right while your at it)

Did you reboot after removing the codes? reboot will re-assign the codes back.
After a reboot and still does not work did it re-assign the codes? use F9*1 to see voice mail codes.
How many mod cords plugged in?
Does it say 2 or 4 at the bottom inside on the removable cartridge?
Can you unplug and test the mod cord end/s with a phone and wait to see if the phone boots up?

You may neeed a tech to come in and try another power supply.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

The Startalk Software Is v 1.9 And I Did Find A Number Next Made In Canada The Number Was 2000/09 If Thats it.
Also After Rebooting It F9*1 Said Feature Inactive. One Mod Cord Was Pluged In. I Pluged A Phone Into The Mod Cord And The Phone Boots Up!

Ok 1.9 was what we we were after.
Power down, pull software out the put it back in tight then power up.
Wait 5 to 10 mintues then try F903, if it works the say OK to the codes.

If it does not work the bad software, power supply or cabinet.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back