Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Phone with unusual message 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenThang

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have a call pilot 100, with T7316e phones. The receptionist phone is displaying this message:

System Setup
Time Clear

Why is that there? And how do i get rid of it!

Anything to help my clueless mind would be appreciated!

QT

Press clear. It's just an alarm from starting up the system.

Wayne T

The receptionist's phone is configured to be the "alarm set". If he/she is not the right person to see alarms, you should change the alarm set configuration.

Thanks Wayne T & ucxguy! The funny thing is, is that i did click clear i even removed the phone line and it didn't clear. Then after of course i read this post i press clear and voila it clears!

If there is more than one alarm pending, pressing the Clear soft key removes the displayed alarm and shows the next one. It appears you had two alarms pending - you needed two key presses to remove both of them.

Why is that there?"
To notify admin or tech of what happened with the phone system.

You should always note the Alarm or Evt # before clearing, if an issue with system then relay the codes to your tech.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back