Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel PBX Password Change Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSmith01

Systems Engineer
Mar 29, 2023
US
Trying to change the login credentials on a Nortel OPT81 PBX @ RLS 19.68. I have what appears to be both Admin1 and Admin2 login information but when I log in as Admin2 and try to print PWD, I get error code SCH0526 ((Illegally entered password. Action: Make sure you enter uppercase letters. When using lower case letters, use at least 4 numbers in the password).

The Admin1 and Admin2 password seems to be the same, not sure who set that up or why they would be the same, but that seems to be the case. The password isn't in Caps and doesn't use 4 numbers in the password, all letters are lower case and 1 number in the passwords that work. No one seems to be able to verify the login password for Admin2, but again, I can log into the system under both accounts with the same password for both Admin1 and Admin2. I just can't print the PWD or change the PWD with those credentials.

So, my question is, is there a way to log in as pdt and get the Admin2 password? Or is there any other way to do so? I'm at a loss as to why I'm able to use the login for both accounts but can't print the password information in LD22 as Admin2 and the customer is wanting to change the login passwords! If I can't print the password information and get errors stating I'm not entering the correct information, I won't be able change the password for the same reason! Any suggestions as to how I can get this figured out would be greatly appreciated.

I should be able to help you. I can't post too much on this forum.

Judging by the software release 19.68, I'm wondering if you are using floppy disks?.

If so, can you get a recent backup copy from one of them for me. I'm hoping that you have an old floppy disk drive to read the content and that the disk is the typical 1.44 version.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

The CMDU's in the system are 3.5 Floppy Disks. Part numbers on them are: Core 0 (NT6D64AA RLS 8) and Core 1 (NT6D64AA RLS 3) Unfortunately, I am not located where the system is, they are in Oklahoma City and I am in Dallas a few hours away. Are you needing the backup data or is there a specific item within the backup you're looking for?

All I need is a copy of either the database.rec or database.bak file that should be on the floppy disk.

I should be able to work out your accounts.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

I take it that I can get the database.rec and database.bak files from the floppy disk. Do I need to change the file name(s) (database.txt)and zip the file? If so, what should the database.bak be renamed to? Or do you just need one or the other of the files?

Just send me the database.rec please via email as the preferred option please.

It can be zipped up, but it isn't a large file. You can rename it to e.g database.txt but I just read it in hex.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

I'm waiting to get the file from the customer. Once I have it I'll send to you. I've also sent an invite to connect on LinkedIn so I can send the file to your email since we're asked not to share that information here on this platform, and I don't want to send the file here if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back