Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel patches for server 2003 Call pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Can anyone please direct me to the corrrect page at Nortel or the correct search paramaters to find relavent patches for server 2003 for Call pilot 4.0.. Thank you.

you have to have access to the pep utility,usually only distributors have that access. It's under the PIC section

Thank you, and you are correct I do not have access.Other than paying my vendor. Do you know another site that I can find security patches for server 2003, regarding Call Pilot 4.0. and Symposium 5.0

Nortel will put the Windows Hotfixes and patches in their own PEP. They do not recommend loading Windows patches until they have been tested.

As part of your maintenance, your provider should be doing this for you.

John

John,
I am waiting on a reply from my vendor, which shall remain nameless at this point since their service has been outstanding to this point,but I also thought this service should be provided, but when questioned I never really got a straight answer, we are in the process of setting something up monthly where they can just give use the relavent KB numbers and our techs can install them during their monthly patching sessions, Symposium and Call Pilot had always been on an exception list before I got here and we are trying to change that. My vendor did say this would be billable but never really explained why. We recently signed a new maintenence contract, so we may have to bargain it into the next upgrade they propose. :)

Thank you,
Rick

HcaAdmin...the peps in question should be done by your vendor a no charge it is a nortel recommendation that
the callpilot server is kept up to date on all peps
i say that being a vendor knowing that if i have an issue
with callpilot the first thing nortel will tell you
is what are peps and if they are not up to date they
will say get the peps up to date and call us back have
a good day.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I apologize,I may not have been specific enough in my original post we are mainly concerned with Microsoft security patches for server 2003,I would have assumed that Nortel would test Microsoft security patches and post them along with patches/peps Nortel deems necessary to fix problem issues.

they do and the new peps are for the 2003 server and they
are microsoft specific.the peps are as followed.
CPSECPEP010S.msi THIS IS HOTFIXES FOR MICROSOFT.
CPDSKPEP001S.msi THIS MOVES FILES FROM THE C:DRIVE TO
D:DRIVE TO BETTER ALLOCATE SPACE FOR THE C:DRIVE
CPSECPEPSP2S.msi IS THE NEW SERVICE PACK PEP

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Thank you very much Stormwalker. I will go check what I have installed then ask my vendor, If I have a problem with either server (CP/Symp)that involves getting Nortel, and my patches are not current will I have to wait longer for my problem to be resolved while they upload to the current peps and get back in line for a Nortel engineer...By the way.. does the Nortel recommendation include security patches Or just their peps. Thank you again,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back