Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel option 11C route digits to VM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusx2

MIS
Jun 6, 2002
US
I have an option 11C that's currently connected to a Cisco AVVID system via a PRI card. I'm currently routing some DN's in the Nortel System to the AVVID. I didn't setup this routing but I was told that if I ever needed to route additional numbers to the AVVID, I should go to LD 87 and do a new FEAT cdp, and TYPE dsc. I would then put in the 4 digit DN that I want to route to AVVID with a FLEN of 4 and RLI of 6.

I'm currently running a Callpilot box that if FWD no answer, or FWD on busy to Callpilot (let's say the 4 digit extension for CP is 1234)

I'm trying to determine if it's possible to route a FDN or Hunt on a 3903, 3904, and 500 set to the AVVID so that when someone calls a number on the nortel, it can forward that request to the AVVID and send that call directly to that person VM box in AVVID.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone...

thanks

People already have cisco handsets on their desks. If someone left a message in the AVVID, their cisco phone would light up. I just need to somehow forward a call destined to a DN on the 11C to AVVID and append *<ext> so that it'll go directly to that person's voicemail in AVVID

yes you can set fdn xxxx to a dsc, i am doing the same thing. call rings on the 2616/3904 no answer it forwards to the cdn xxxx which rings on the cisco, wireless or soft, if that doesn't it goes to my pilot and lights a lamp on either the merridian or cisco

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

johnpoole,

can I add additional digits to the fdn? when I dsc the digits to cisco, all it does is ring a call handler where it plays a greeting. If I can add a * and forward to the cisco the extension, it'll do directly to that person's voicemail so that they don't have to listen to the greeting.

the * will not work, nortel sees that as a void entry. you can add digits, i use dgt tables.. my ccm has the same did range as my switch and no incoming from the phone company. why can't you cdp the ext, with qsig i get names and msg lamps.. i also have a cdp on a remote campus with a qsig pri back to a avaya, the cisco calls my dn;s 4 digits and the other campus 5 digits, but rec did via my 81

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm sorta new to pbx programming and hopefully by saturday night, I won't need to do any more of this on the Nortel (putting in the Cisco to full production). I'm don't know how to do what you are asking so if you can lay out what commands under what overlay that I need to do, I'd really really appreciate it.

On another note, our implementation team from Cisco suggested that maybe we can add a route or dial pattern and direct that dialing pattern to the cisco. Would that then forward the digits?

no, forward and dsc don't work the same, forward carries the original dialed digits

Code:
OVL000
>ld 87
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 11743431    USED U P: 2911983 680009    TOT: 15335423
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 1174 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1  (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC  183
DSC  183
FLEN 0
DSP  LSC
RLI  13
NPA
NXX
Code:
>ld 86
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 11743431    USED U P: 2911983 680009    TOT: 15335423
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 1174 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1  (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI  13

RLI  13
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 100
TOD  0 ON  1 ON  2 ON  3 ON
     4 ON  5 ON  6 ON  7 ON
VNS  NO
CNV  NO
EXP  NO
FRL  0
DMI  0
FCI  0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBA
IOHQ NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 101
TOD  0 ON  1 ON  2 ON  3 ON
     4 ON  5 ON  6 ON  7 ON
VNS  NO
CNV  NO
EXP  NO
FRL  1
DMI  0
FCI  0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

the dsc 183 send all the digits 1830 thru 1839 to rl1 13
rli 13 entry 0 sends those calls to route 100, my local ccm, entry 1 send 183+ to a off campus ccm and is used as a fail safe or overflow. on the far end, they have an avaya with a pri to their local ccm and a backup to my ccm.. dual redundant. we've only rolled out 500 or less cisco sets and between the two sites have 10,000 tdm sets with over a 1000 trunks..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back