Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Option 11C RLS 25 asking for "MODL"

nihaalrai236

Technical User
Jul 12, 2024
US
I have a Nortel Option 11C that I bought however whenever I try to add or delete analog or digital phones it asks for "MODL" which that manuals say nothing about. Is there a list of "MODL" numbers somewhere? Also If there is a way to bypass it please let me know as it looks like it wont accept nothing for a response.

Check the I/O NTPs.

Here is what I found over at PBX Cookbook, looms like it is a phone prompt as opposed to a LD 10 or LD 11 prompt.

Thank you for that link, it seems like I read something wrong and was typing "500 M" instead of "500"

The "Model" sets were very historic in that they were designed so that a installer could use a short code to enable a set from new.

You could type in e.g.

REQ: PRT
TYPE 500 M
MODL (C/R)

to see if any sets were ever configured. Usually there were default ones such as MODL 20 etc. Often, on the older software releases these were all deleted in programming to save on memory.

Attachments

• Default Model 500sets.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Default Model 2006sets.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Default Model 2008sets.txt
    7 KB · Views: 1
  • Default Model 2616sets.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 1

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back