Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Option 11 - US Robotics Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobarTofar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2010
US
I have several option 11's with US Robotic Modems connected to all of them (I just started with this company and need to get secure modems on the switches) I can connect and talk to all of them except 1. Settings are the same for all sites, the last site connects and stays connected until I hang-up but I cannot Login or talk to the PBX. We have confirmed all settings within the PBX and the modem. Any thoughts????

Test tty connected to modem locally or
Replace modem.

I set my modems as follows...

1,4,7 down the rest up. No programming required.

Thanks, I should have put more info...

Modem has been swapped out, settings have been confirmed as you noted. Even plugged Telephone number into known working Dialing Entry for another site and still does not talk. But like I said, it will stay connected for hours if I let it. Attempted connections with both Hyperterminal and Procomm plus.

you need to hook the modem up to a laptop or terminal
switches 1,3,7,8 down type AT&F0 (CR) RESPONSE SHOULD COME
BACK OK.
TYPE AT&B1&W0&W1 (CR) RESPONSE SHOULD COME BACK OK.
POWER OFF MODEM
TURN SWITCHES 1&4 DOWN.
POWER UP MODEM. SHOULD WORK

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

You might want to make sure that the TTY port on that last one is enabled and set at the right speed. You can use the USR Courier. It has built in security that can be enabled with passwords.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

I will do try your suggestion as well....

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back