Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Option 11 remote backups 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT1Mac

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2007
US
I manage several sites with Nortel Option 11c's installed, we also have CallPilot and OTM install at these sites as well. Via a network we can remote to the OTM/CallPilot Servers to remotely manage the switches.
Backups for the Option 11c's. Is there a way to backup the Opt. 11's via the network connection to the hard drive of the computer that I work from? I would like to find a way that I could do backups weekly without spending several days driving to all the sites.
The current method of backups is with a pcmcia card when I have to/can visit a location.

ftp> open opt11C_ip_addr
ftp> cd c:/U/DB
ftp> dir
ftp> get DATABASE.REC CONFIG.REC etc.

If you have PROCOMM & can connect via DIALUP to the sites, I have a script on my site for this.

"Opt11_BUP" - This script will perform an EDD in LD43. Then LD143 - XBK to download the backup file. And then LD143 - XVR to verify the file. It is scripted to re-try each stage 3 times if a failure occurs. The backup filename is automatically generated by merging your current Procomm Directory Entry Name with the current Date. A logfile of the EDD is also saved. (Sometimes you may have patche files missing or other minor errors that occur during the EDD.)
*The script can only be used with a DIALUP connection entry to your PABX as it requires use of the XMODEM protocol to download the backup file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back