Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel old Option 81 password lost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortavaya

Technical User
Sep 20, 2006
MA
Hi all,

is there any way to recover the password of Nortel Option 81 ?

And what is the default login/password, which card should I connect to have access to the database (like CPPM Call Server on CS1K) ?

Thank you in advance

It depends on the release. 4.5 and higher (or maybe it is 4.0) can be reset on site if you have install media to install into the core CPU when prompted. Older releases require PDT access and hex debugging.

If you can access the floppy disk or compact flash card etc, then there is a way recover the password for almost all systems release 04.00 and below. I know a number of ways of doing this as I suspect others will also know.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I got in trouble last time I tried to offer help on this :-(

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

If you have to ask what card to connect to, then that is even worse than asking how to recover or reset the password. Considering I have just recently been contracted to recover and reset passwords on numerous BCM, CS1000 and CallPilot systems because Avaya "Couldnt do it" (after a service provider was kicked off and knowing how much that cost them, Im very reluctant to give out the detail in a public(ish) space for free or without a signed request from the system owner (which means a copy of the license sheet and fax from the main office) ... plus a day rate agreed :p

we all could offer that service......

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back