Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Network T7316E turn ringer back on for extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2024
US
Hi There,

We are trying to get the ringer to come back on for a certain ext, because all the other phones ring. I found the below instructions, below, but they don't work due to our system doesn't have the "show" button.

Long story short the person that programmed this, has retired so not a easy fix like I thought.

Also, this phone has it programmed that you have to push the button for the line you want to pick up before you pick up the actual phone, just want to reset the extension so that we can just pick up the phone and not push the button.

Thanks in advance!

Nortel_Networl_gvr9qy.png

What terminal are you trying to program from?. The model number is underneath the phone.

Is it a M7208?

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hi There,

Below is a picture of the sticker on the phone.

let me know if you need anything else.
PHONE_MODEL_qmtzee.jpg

That is a T7316e.

The phone can be used for programming...

HEADING - Line 1____????? - SHOW
BACK ------- Line 2____????? - NEXT

Phones cannot answer rings on pickup if it does not ring, which makes sense.
Make sure that there is no interference with that phones mailbox(ring count) answering inbound calls by testing when programmed.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back