Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrontonPhone

Vendor
Oct 30, 2015
US
I have a MICS that was working perfectly yesterday and today all calls are going to the operator. No calls will hit the AA (CP150) nor will they go to any individual set. All DID's on PRI go to operator no matter what. Is there a feature code that would make this happen or could it be an issue with the PRI?

Yes I have checked and all features in call pilot are working. I can get to all recordings, etc. I made sure that no services are running. It has been installed since 2006 and working fine until yesterday. This is why I believe it is an issue with the PRI but, of course, the provider says that it is not on their end. I know nothing in the programming on the PBX has changed. I have customer calling provider (Windstream) now to have a conference with their techs. I also had customer call yesterday to verify that they were sending 7 digits ( which we are set to receive) and he stated that they (Windstream) changed it to what I requested, 7 digits. I have not changed anything on the pbx so therefore I believe that changes were made on their end since they "made that change I requested". Just want to make sure that there is not a feature code that would send all calls to operator that may have been turned on by mistake by a user before I speak with the provider and "blame" them.

Thanks

Definitely sounds like the telco is sending you the wrong number of digits. Every telco I've ever dealt with's automatic response is "our equipment tests good so the problem must be in the customer equipment". They say this before they check anything. The telco's primary goal is to get rich so they try to get the pbx vendor to isolate their problems for them as much as possible.

I also had customer call yesterday to verify that they were sending 7 digits ( which we are set to receive) and he stated that they (Windstream) changed it to what I requested, 7 digits."
Do you mean they just now changed it? when did you request it?

Just in case
-Check that the PRI lines do not have a Prime set programmed i.e. lines 001 to 024
-Make sure the Target lines prime set is the users set

-Also check the PRI settings in Hardware etc, post all of them.
-Ask the carrier for the same to see they match

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back