Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MICS connected to Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMaligator

Systems Engineer
Jun 16, 2023
US
It has been a longtime, I am having an issue where calls going to extensions with VM box are not hitting VM. F985 = 250 when it forwards it calls extension 315. Call RNA is set to Call Pilot port 250, but no calls goto VM. When you dial F981 or hit VM it calls 315 and hits VM, you can administer VM box. Please help, its been a longtime for me and this is getting insane. I defaulted VM and still same issue, changed DN extension number and does the opposite 315 to 250 callers hit no VM but they can check VM F981...

What is the software version of both the KSU and the voicemail?
What is the status on the LED lights left side?
What is the Port status in KSU for the vmail ports? 2 ports for CP 100 or 4 ports CP150.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

KSU: SP 30DEC04 NAT
KSU Light = Green
Call Pilot 100 = Port 1 & 2 Green
Call Pilot 30.00.75.22
Set Relocation = No

F985 = Ext 250
Call 250 transfer to 314 and goes to VM. Any station FWD NO Answer = 314, when you try to change it will not allow me to change to 250.

While working on it I went and looked at light after I saw that they were green at first arrival, both light where off. I power cycled Call Pilot, both lights are green no AA answers, Call pilot on DN 130 B1 = 250 B2 = 314, F9*1 all set, F982 all Y and Attd:221, F981 says Nortel Call Pilot asks for extension, I reset the phone system, then powered off CP pulled card and reseated it and powered on because I thought they didn't recognize each other completely. Still no AA and still same issue. I believe the CP is dead. For a last-ditch effort, I reinitialized the CP same issue.

You can now refer to them as MICS 7.0 and Callpilot 100 3.0
They are both compatible with each other.

Is this a live system or lab rats?

"F981 says Nortel Call Pilot asks for extension"
Did you change the mode from Norstar(NVM) to Callpilot(CP)?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Live System, it had issues before I got there. System is new to me; 2nd time going in depth into it. What a refresher course on a 20yr old system! LOL
I did not know how it was setup prior to me arriving it said the same thing. Unknown how it was programmed prior. I have to default it and setup as a CP not NVM. I know how they want it now.
F981 says Nortel Call Pilot asks for extension = yes
Did you change the mode from Norstar(NVM) to Callpilot(CP)? = no

Did you do exactly as phoneguy427 said above? it was a very good tip.

Testing
I strongly suggest to REINSTALL again and the default NVM mode first, once it is ALL working then enable CP mode.
Just program a DN behind MB 100 to test.

Try this...
Get it back to where all the FNA's are at 250.
Turn set Relo OFF or make sure it's off
Power down the vmail
Check Maintenance/Port Status, press DN, enter 250 and note the port #
Follow the mod cord plugged into the top port (A - the primary port) of the Callpilot and note what port it is connected to on the KSU.
If the port #'s differ then move the jumper from port A on the CP to the correct port on the KSU that holds 250.
Power CP up and wait for that middle status LED on the right to light up.
Test FNA

Other things to try...
-Another PS for the CP, they can wreak all kinds of havoc when failing
-Get a 3.1 CP software card and upgrade that existing software using the front slot, it will overwrite corruption if any.
-See Buford Pusser

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I have not been able to get back onsite to try anything, I have decided to upgrade system to a modern system. Waiting on quote approval now. Thank you all for the help and troubleshooting, I tried to find a replacement CP 100 and power supply, wasn't able to find one reasonable, that's why the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back