Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MerMail EC Rls 12 issue with Utility Card NT6P42AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSmith01

Systems Engineer
Mar 29, 2023
US
Working on a Nortel Meridian Mail @ Rls12 and needing to replace the Utility Card (NT6P42AA). Can't seem to find the manual that walks thru steps to do this? Anyone know whether you can hot swap this card or not? It has a toggle switch NORM/BYP, so I assume I can set it to BYP and pull the card, then match the dipswitch settings on the old card and insert the replacement with it in BYP and then toggle to NORM but want to make sure that is correct? Currently unable to connect remotely, so thinking the Utility Card is the issue.

I'm guessing that you are working on the larger Option 51 to 81 systems?.

I should have a manual for it. I will try and find it.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Firebird Scrambler, correct, its a 61C and is the EC Module.

I have all the Meridian Mail 13 documents which should also apply to the older versions.

Read the other thread on 04.50 software and refer to the FTP part.

The IP details are correct but use the login details of MeridianMail

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Firebird Scrambler, I was able to find documentation that states the only cards that are hot swappable would be the VP4/VP8 cards in the Meridian Mail Module. So, I will obviously have to shut down Meridian Mail to replace the NT6P42AA Utility card. That seems to be the only specific information as to replacement of this card other than the dip switch settings on the card. Thank you for the replies and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back