Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Meridian 3x8 Intercom Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanesq

MIS
Jan 1, 2002
US
Good afternoon.

I have a Nortel Meridian 3x8 system. We'd like to be able to use the internal call system as an intercom. I'd want to pick up my handset, type the remote set number, have it ring once at the remote location, and then automatically pick up the call at that remote location for hands free conversation. I can do this with another system I have in another business, but I cannot figure out how to do it here. We are using M7208 handsets, and I've configured it for Handsfree-Y Handsfree Answerback-Y and Autohandsfree-Y, to no avail. When you make an internal call to that unit, it rings, but speaking into the speaker does not pick up the call and it just rings and rings until you pick it up.

So in sum, I've only been able to page to the set (but then the other person cannot speak) or make an internal call to the other set, in which case the other person must pick up the phone.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back