Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel MCK programmed as Definity??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhnl

Vendor
Oct 21, 2002
CA
I have an MCK E-6000Z-RNM08 however when in configuration the PBXTYPE is set to Definity. It does not give me the option to change to Norstar or Meridian. We need to use on Meridian.

Any ideas?

when you purchase the extender you need to tell the suplier
what system you are using it on they are not sold as one for all systems

E-6000Z-RNM08 is the correct part number for Nortel.

You need a firmware upgrade. I have seen this done by 3rd party vendors.

It looks like someone put Definity firmware on your Norte/Meridian MCK. You can download and upgrade the system with the proper image available from MCK. Go surf their site for the docs and latest version. If you know how to FTP--your halfway there.

You cannot change a E-6000Z-RNM08's PBX type from Nortel to Definity your unit was not properly labeled. That unit is going to have to be replaced. The units come either optioned for Nortel or Definity. You can change a Nortel unit from Norstar to Meridian. But you can't change a Definity unit. And the upgrade software is PBX specific, so loading Nortel software to a Definity unit and vice versa will not work.

Bigart,

Believe it or not, you CAN change from a Nortel to a Definity and vice versa, but it takes more than a software download to do it. What I have never seen done successfuly is to change from a Gateway to a Remote or the reverse.

I know that you can change from Nortel to Definity. But it takes a few steps that I did not want go into detail. Being a former MCK employee I could get into troulbe for giving that information out. The change requires knowing what dip switch to change and the right code for each switch type. But you can't change a remote into a gateway or vice versa. they have different hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back