Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel M3905 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchoo

Technical User
Feb 3, 2010
US
Hello,
I have a few M3905 phones who were working fine until we moved them. They won't allow users to log in now. I take another phone from somewhere else and it works fine, so it's the phone not the TN.

I already reflashed the firmware, still having the same issue. Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

Do the 3905 sets work with other keys but they can't log into the queue?

I would check the ID numbers they are trying to use when logging in - maybe someone else is logged in with the same ID?

You can't even get to the point of entering in the ID.

Are you physically moving the wires/crossconnects from the original TN to the new location or using some other method such as "mobility" to do it? Just plugging the phone in to a new location will not automatically make the phone work.

You might get more hits on this post if you post it in Nortel CS1000 forum.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I'm physically moving the wires from the original TN to the new location!

Some things to check:

Are the new TN's programmed as 3905 sets?
When you stat the TN's are they idle or disabled?
When you plug in the phone sets to the new TN's, do you get anything on the display such as date and time?
Have you checked the line cords and patch cords?
Are the jumpers firmly connected and not reversed?

I kept the same TN's as before, just connected them to the new jacks.

The display shows up normal, everything looks normal. You just can't login.

As for the other questions, I'm not even sure how to check that. (I'm newer to the whole telecom side of work here)

Is there a regular extension on the phone and does that work?

There is a regular extension and it works just fine. We're just not able to log in to the call centre extension.

when you swapped phones, was it for another 3905, or a different model? Have you tried this phone plugged in to another location?
You might want to try a Forced download to the phone if other 3905's work at this location

They were the same model. I tried someone elses phone at this desk and theirs works fine here. I take this phone somewhere else and it still doesn't work.

I reflashed the firmware (via forced download) still doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back