Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel M3904 issue with the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVC Kirimaya

Vendor
Nov 29, 2022
TH
I currently have the phone in the office and just had an issue of the phone itself.
It happened while talking on the phone and it shut itself down. There is a phone with cross sign displaying on the LCD.
Is there anyway I can repair it by myself on this or do I need to replace a new one?
Kindly see the picture for more info.
thumbnail_IMG_1135_gtvrsj.jpg

Check the phone by plugging in a working one first.
Assuming that the replacement phone works in the socket, then it proves that the extension wiring and port is OK.
Put the phone with the symbol in the working socket to confirm where the problem is.

If the wiring or socket appears to be the issue, then there is a good chance that the phones port is disabled as this can happen over night when the system does it's routines.

If you know the phones TN details, then go into e.g. LD 32 and key in ENLU "tn".

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back