Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel LG ip LDK 300 - battery change 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavog

Technical User
Jun 6, 2009
PL

Hello. I am facing a problem that when the power is down the pbx looses the configuration. I feel it's a problem with battery and it should be changed. The problem is, he is 2000 km from me. Can you describe me where is the battery in this pbx, perhaps you've got some photos. What battery should I use? Is this operation user friandly?

Hello Slavog,

I've done several hundred of these, you need a 1/2 AA battery, with solder pins.

See this link:

You'll want your iron set to around 400, the positive side will just pop right out on touch, the negative side takes a little more persuasion, just be patient with it and don't crank the iron up or your contacts will lift.
I tend to use both a solder sucker to take the old solder off, and some solder wick to clean the pads up so I get a nice fresh connection.

It's an easy to do operation, provided you have decent equipment, if you're going to do this with a cheap hobbyists iron and without sucker or wick you risk doing a bad job or lifting the contacts.

If you're worried about doing damage, you can solder some small jumper wire onto the tags of the new battery and solder those onto the legs of the existing battery, just make sure you insulate the new battery well to avoid loose wiring causing short circuits.

Hope this was helpful.

Gently does it. If gently doesn't do it, smash it with the hammer.

or even better persuade your customer to purchase a UPS to protect his investment from power surges , cuts etc etc , sure still swap the battery but if your customer cant see the value of a UPS that would cost around £100 for a small amount he is getting a big piece of mind.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Three replies and not a single answer to your initial question, ooops!

The battery is on your MPB, this will be on the far right hand side of the system when you take the front off and has yellow tabs on it.

Gently does it. If gently doesn't do it, smash it with the hammer.

Hell fire I know we are helpful but if the op does not know what or where the battery is or located ....does that not ring big alarm bells , im really not trying to be funny , but if this was even but a apprentice engineer the answer would be known , im just really worried that a customer that is 2000km away is going to end up with a fried kit.

OP do you know how to back up the config , reload etc ....this is not an attempt to pull you to bits in a public forum , but i am really really concerned that if you are asking that question ...well why , hence my suggestion of the ups as i guessed you know the admin but not the hardware , im just trying to keep our industry alive by not giving out advice to untrained engineers as it could well end badly for you ,the customer and ultimately us as the engineering community , who have to go on paid courses to learn this stuff, i hope this does not offend anyone but i think is pertinent.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back