Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORTEL IP LICENSING QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

acsotech

Technical User
Dec 26, 2007
US
QUESTION WITH REGARDS TO HOW IP LICENSING UNITS WORK WITH SUCCESSION 1000 PHONES. OBVIOUSLY, WHEN I BUILD A NEW I2004 PHONE ON A VIRTUAL LOOP, I HAVE USED 1 LICENSE FOR THAT UNIT. NOW, IF I OUT THAT PHONE AND THEN LATER - MAYBE WEEKS, MAYBE MONTHS - REBUILD IT ON THE SAME VIRTUAL TN, HAVE I USED ANOTHER LICENSE OR AM I STILL ON THE SAME LICENSE. LIKE MANY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, WE ARE EXPERIENCING A LARGE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEE LAYOFFS. I AM FACED WITH THE DECISION ON HOW TO HANDLE THE PHONES OF THESE LAID OFF EMPLOYEES, KNOWING THAT THE SPOTS MAY BE REINSTATED IN THE FUTURE. I DO NOT WANT TO JUST THROW AWAY LICENSES.

Once you out the phone, you get your IP license back. If you out 5 phones, you get 5 licenses back for use later on. You can see your licenses in LD 22.

REQ: SLT (hit return)

War Eagle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back