Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel i2050 v3.1 and remote answer with Plantronics CS50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckman2405

Technical User
Nov 1, 2008
US
Last year we waited for the release of 3.1 of the i2050 softphone so we could use the remote answer of the Plantronics CS50. All we seemed to get was remote hangup and mute. Has anyone out there got the CS50 to do remote answer with the i2050 softphone? I've checked all my HID and USB firmware for updates, Microsoft XP updates, Plantronics updates, and of course are running with 3.01.0062 version of i2050.

I tried as many combinations of options I could find and finally gave up and have to see if anyone out there got this to work.

I am using the CS50-USB with 3.02.0045. In settings, under "Sound Devices", I have both "Headset or Handset device" set to "CS50/CS60-USB Headset". I also have "Plantronics USB Headset" set to "CS50/CS60-USB Headset". I am able to do a remote answer.

Thks GW for a response. I have all of the same settings. Have two different imaged notebooks (Dell 630 and 620 with XP), reinstalled i2050 and Personocall software. It looks like the Plantronics Personocall is not communicating with the i2050. I get the same i2050 feature results if PersonoCall is not even running. (everything works except remote answer)

When you have PersonoCall up, do you get any other Call Status items while on a call? I see no activity other than the radio link and a very brief moment of Talk Button when I press it, but it does not answer an incoming call on my i2050. I checked the appropriate KEY TYPE selection in the i2050 setup to match up with the lines.

PersonoCall version is latest from Plantronics and my headset firmware versions showed --Base:5.2.7 -- Remote:2.8.0

Did you install i2050 first or PersonoCall first? Although I've tried both ways and Plantronics support has not returned my calls. I noticed during the install if you select CUSTOM they show a list of support devices, Nortel is not on the list to select from.

Getting to the point where MS Communicator is going to be the path of lease resistance at this point and throw out Nortel and these headsets.

You do not need PersonoCall. The support for the USB Plantronics is built into the IP Sofpthone 2050.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back