Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel i2002 (phase 1) on asterisk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter1519

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2015
CA
Hi there!
I received four Nortel i2002 phones from a really nice guy (Allan) from a local telecommunications company.
I was wondering if there was a way to get these to work with asterisNOW (asterisk 13). I did some reasarh and found out that asterisk did support the unistim protecal at one point... I'm pretty new to this and was hoping someone can lead me into the right direction onto getting these to work. (I'm also pretty young... so buying new phones that work out of the box with asterisk isn't really an option for me...)

Thanks!

It's probably do-able but not worth the effort, and there's a high probability of further complications down the road even if it does work. Seriously, purchase a couple cheap Yealink phones instead.

-----------------------------------
4771494_orig.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

You totally can. Load up chan_unistim and program your phones in unistim.conf and off you go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back