Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel i2001 over Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordluis2000

Technical User
Oct 3, 2014
MX
Hi someone knows why I can not uses 2 nortel's phone in Asterisk? using unistim.conf and UNIStim protocol

The first one works good
The second does the register, but when I make a call I cannot hear the other extension and when I place a call to this extension goes direct to mailbox.

Any idea about this?

I always converted these to sip.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Hi,
Thank I have two i2001 NTDU90AB7 how can convert to use SIP ?
Is it possible?

Luis

There is no SIP firmware for Nortel i2000 series phones.

I was running a sniffer in orther to get some differences and I placed a call from a computer with a softphone and WireShark. I got the packages. I saw that with the phone who works the Server and softphone send and receive RTP packages (both directions) and the other case (not working phone) just softphone send RTP packages but Server never answer

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7c98cf59-a3a7-4cc3-af01-0c425492e5a1&file=capture.xlsx
Is it possible that iptables has blocked the ip of that phone?

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Well I did try changing the IP of phone, changing extensions from one phone to other. But anytime I set two extension 133 and 134 always the mac-address under extension 133 works and the only way extension 134 works is deleting from the unistim.conf the extension 133. On my opinion the server just take RTP packages from the first mac-address in the config file and the second just ignore.
Probably I missing something. But not idea what and where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back