Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Extranet Contivity 4.15 install problem with XP(pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljt96

Technical User
Apr 27, 2003
US
I am trying to install Nortel VPN client, Contivity 4.15 on a laptop running XP (Pro). The first time I attempted to install I got stopped by a msg concerning Nortel Adapter IPSECSHM and Windows logo. I cancelled the install in order to investigate that problem. When I tried to install again, I get the following error:

"Failed to get registry key value for NT_IPSECSHM: System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC10318}\0011\NetCfgInstanceId"

After clicking OK, "The Contivity VPN Client IPSEC adapter install has failed due to inconsistency in the registry".

The Nortel IPSECSHM Adapter does appear in Device Mgr, with a conflict (yellow !) and no driver installed. I checked the registry key listed above and there is one entry, but not the one listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back