Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel dmc320 can't connect to system

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsimmons

Technical User
Aug 13, 2008
US
I am trying to connect to a DMC320 and keep getting an error " can't connect to system" i have a dcm80 and can connect to it with no problems but i have 3 DMC320s and i get the same response on all 3 "can't connect to system"
Thanks, Bill

Connect with what??
Please provide details of what you are trying to connect and how including anything you have tried.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I am trying to connect my laptops serial port to the DMC320 using the dmc software tool to configure the 7449 cordless phones. I can connect to the DMC80 with no problems, but not the DMC320s.

curlycord i havens't heard back from you. do you understand what i am trying to do?
Thanks, Bill

DMC320 connection protocol

Baud: 115200 bit/sec.
Data bit: 8
Parity: None
Stop bit: 1
Flow control: Hardware:
DCD, DSR,
DTR, CTS, RTS

Null modem cable

Marv ccna

Yes sorry,
Injured, super busy to begin with and now behind....

I run a 320 and pretty sure I connect with the same settings allworxguy posted above, which are default.

Are these all in lab or at sites? may try another Null cable in case it's flaky/sensitive.

I do not think there is any difference between the the 2 cabinets aside from digital port capacity for bases and handsets.

Let us know if you find/fix/how

Good luck.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back