Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CS1000 changing phone types

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ750

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2018
US
Greetings,

I have a nortel 1120E that failed and I am trying to replace it with an 1140E. When I program the phone with the correct TN, I get an error on the phone stating invalid type. Does anyone know the programming commands for this change?

Thanks!

I've always OUT'd the phone & built a new one for the same DN.

Others here might know an easier way to do it.

chgtyp

Works fine going from a ip to ip or digital to digital. Might have to do some additional key programming too.

For IP phones you can do a CHGTYP command, or as AndyRothgen said, it may be best just to OUT the 1120 and add a new 1140 on the same TN.

chgtyp, I never knew that existed. I'll have to try it at some point, it'd save setting up all the forwards etc etc again.

Honestly, you are going to be doing a lot of reprogramming anyway if you do a chgtyp. Better off to out it and the add it back with the CPY command and use another 1140 as the template.

Using chgtyp is usually best done going from an 1140 down to an 1120 since it simply eliminates key programming for the extra set buttons (after prompting you for confirmation, of course). It can be a little time saver going from an 1120 to an 1140 if all you will be putting on keys 4 through 11 is ADL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back