Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CS1000 can't login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollTel

Vendor
Aug 11, 2009
US
We have a CS1000 v7.0 and the GUI as well serial via PuTTy will not allow login. I have also tried to login in via serial PuTTy with the admin account and that does not work either.

I can log into the ssh of the EM Server Linux Base with my usual username and password as well as the admin account.

Im not well versed in linux and would not begin to know the correct commands, but am I wrong in thinking the the cores have left the security server and that's why I can't login to them?

Is there a straight forward way to make sure they are not split and join them back into the EM server so that I can log into the GUI as well as the SSH via PuTTy? I prefer the command line PuTTy over the GUI just because that's what I'm used to work in with this switch.

Thanks for your help.

what security server do you have a UCM or a System Manager, when you try to login with SSH to the Callserver does it fail instantly as soon as you press enter after the password (not in a Sec Domain and just getting the local password wrong), take a second or so to fail (In a security domain and not getting authenticated/timeout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back